Friday, June 4, 2010

Pictures....Finally!

So, I don't really much that's happened in the past few days, but me and some volunteers did go to the reception of a Nepali wedding on Wednesday. It was very familiar, lots of people, dancing, eating, and drinking. Santosh, the lady who runs the hostel I stay in, says she might take some of us to a wedding later in June, so I'm really hoping I'll get to see the actual ceremony!

Now...pictures!


This is me standing by the stairs to the monkey temple with an image of Buddha.



And here's the hospital where we had the gyno clinic and I spent all day sticking things in places where no one really wanted them to go.



This is the monkey temple stupa itself.



And this is the Boudhanath stupa packed with people for Buddha Jayanti (his birthday).



Here's Pashupati at night, you can see the stairs at the bottom of the pic and the fires there are funeral pyres!



And this is me and all the other volunteers drinking chang (rice beer) at a seedy little local hole in the wall...so starting with me it's: me, Lucy (USA), Martin (Denmark), Nicki (UK), Sophia (Germany), and Jude (Scotland)!



This is the best pictures I could get of the costumed Buddhists at the festival.




And....this is the stairs leading up to Bajrayogini with a small side temple (Unfortunately, the temple itself was off-limits for picture taking :( )




And, finally, last but not least, this is me with Surye Lama after the blessing and praying!


P.S. If anyone wants more pictures of any of these let me know and I'll post more next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment